Super Easy Salmon Steak Marinade
SO - I am only eating veggies or salad every night with a meat - lean steak, chicken and now salmon steaks! I should have grilled it but I do like to flip it easier in a pan and I can monitor it much better.
Pick your own veggies or salad or chips - whatevs - I had a small amount of spiral pasta left over and mixed this with some steamed beans, corn and broccoli - and to be honest it was amazing! Salmon is now a staple in the house and my health and body will be grateful!
WHAT YOU NEED:
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
* 2 salmon fillets
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1) In a small bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, mustard and garlic.
2) Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag.
3) Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat.
4) Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
5) Drain fish and discard marinade.
6) Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the pan or grill.
7) Fry or grill salmon, covered, over high heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Fry it skins side DOWN first 5mins. This is because you want the juices to run down first.
8) Drizzle with reserved marinade.
9) I served with some spiral pasta, steamed corn and broccoli.
Special thanks to the lady who originally came up with the base recipe for this - Nicole Clayton from Arizona